Instructions & Forms for Requesting Samples and Subject Identification
- Complete a Concept Proposal and Data Request Form for review by the study investigators (attached) and email to EPRDataRequests@s-3.com. Coordinating center managers will distribute requests to the investigators, who will decide whether to accept, accept with modifications, or each request.
- For approved proposals, the following will be requested:
- Documentation of IRB approval from the requestor’s organization if outside the NIEHS
- Signature on the EPR data sharing agreement
- Analysts will compile data sets and deliver via SFTP or secure email.
- Requestor conducts analysis and/or follow-up study.
- Requestor provides participant contact results and status details.
- Submit annual progress report to the EPR Steering Committee.
Individual sample quantities are limited, so please request only the minimum amount required. Samples can be requested by gender, race/ethnicity, and age. For outside investigators who will seek IRB exemption, the key linking the samples back to the subjects’ identities can be completely destroyed after they are shipped, if requested.
Investigators requesting EPR data or samples must complete the following forms as applicable:
- Complete the attached EPR Concept Proposal and Specimen Request Form(651KB) or the EPR Concept Proposal and Data Request Form(620KB). All information provided in these forms will be kept confidential.
The EPR Steering Committee requires that researchers publish all findings of new genotypes in dbGAP. Instructions for contributing SNP genotype data to dbGAP are available under the link.
Subject Identification for Follow-up Studies
Once genotyping and data analysis are complete, if the investigator wishes to have samples decoded in order to re-contact EPR participants for a follow-up study, she or he must do the following:
- Obtain scientific approval based on the rules and regulations of his/her own laboratory, branch, and/or institution.
- Obtain approval from the appropriate IRB for their institution.
- Submit the EPR Study Review Form and IRB Study Protocol with documentation of IRB approval to Dr. Shepherd H. Schurman.
For questions concerning these applications or the EPR, contact Dr. Shepherd H. Schurman.
Last Reviewed: December 29, 2017